Stratacomm’s Washington, D.C. office seeks an energetic, well-rounded, integrated communications practitioner to join our team. In this role, you will develop and direct multifaceted communications programs; manage media relations, social media, executive visibility and partnership outreach efforts for clients; and serve as a relationship manager for fellow team members and clients. Our clients will depend on you to offer smart ideas, be a strong writer and execute communications plans in ways that deliver measurable results. The ideal candidate may have background in energy and environment, transportation or automotive programs and/or experience leading government communications programs, but these are not requirements. In addition, the candidate is also expected to participate in firm marketing activities and mentoring associate staff.
- Develop innovative, results-oriented communications plans and other strategic planning documents for client review.
- Manage traditional and digital programs for clients by understanding their needs, monitoring relevant news and online platforms, uncovering placement opportunities and generating positive coverage.
- Deliver external positioning for clients, including trade associations and federal government agency clients.
- Write key messages, news releases, talking points, web pages, blog posts, Op-Eds, fact sheets, grassroots email correspondence, ad copy and other persuasive materials.
- Manage web content, social media communities and potential e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Initiate and manage productive partnerships with third-party stakeholders relevant to the client.
- Work with in-house creative team to develop digital and print materials for clients.
- Provide logistical and onsite support for media events, trade shows and conferences.
- Analyze project results within the client’s overall program.
- Share actively in recommendations, ideas and strategic responses to client situations with internal account teams.
- Contribute to firm marketing activities, proposals and in-person pitches.
- Motivate and mentor colleagues to encourage professional growth and exceptional client service.
- A bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of experience supporting and managing public relations campaigns and/or communicating on public affairs issues, with agency experience strongly preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered.
- Honesty, integrity and a commitment to the highest professional standards.
- Creative, strategic thinker with excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Proven experience managing large multifaceted programs and account staff teams.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Expertise with both traditional and online media relations.
- Familiarity with emerging trends and tools, particularly for online and mobile communications.
- Experience developing or managing partnerships.
- Strong interest in contributing to the firm’s growth, marketing and business development.
- Solid interpersonal and supervisory skills with ability to work in teams, as well as the initiative to work independently.
- Familiarity with tools such as Cision, Factiva, Leadership Directories, Politico Pro, GovWin or other similar is ideal.
- Proficiency in online research and all Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to DC_HR@stratacomm.net. No phone calls please.
For more information about Stratacomm, visit us at www.stratacomm.net.