Stratacomm is looking for a full-time, Washington, D.C.-based intern for winter 2018 who is a dynamic, proactive, self-starter looking to gain valuable communications experience. The internship provides the opportunity to grow personally and professionally through exposure to varying clients and inner workings of a full-service communications firm. Candidates should have or should be working towards a degree in a communications-related field. This opportunity is a full-time (40 hrs/week), paid position.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent oral, writing and editing skills with a solid knowledge of AP Style writing
- Demonstrated experience in media relations, public affairs and/or journalism
- Strong research skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Familiarity with digital media, including websites, blogs, multimedia applications, and custom features for social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.) and the ability to quickly learn new platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or are enrolled in a degree-granting program in an undergraduate or graduate school
- Ability to be flexible and adapt/respond to request as they arise
- A sense of humor, desire to learn and ability to have fun
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Draft written materials on behalf of clients (e.g. press releases, advisories, articles)
- Conduct research and prepare daily news summaries
- Build media lists and pitch media outlets
- Participate in account group brainstorms, strategy and creative sessions, contributing digital/interactive/new media ideas
- Execute social media/networking campaigns and blogger outreach
- Work with team to coordinate event logistics
- Stay abreast of the latest and upcoming trends in digital communications
Interested candidates should e-mail a resume, cover letter and writing sample to Amber Garnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.
No phone calls, please.
For more information about Stratacomm, visit us at www.stratacomm.net.